It’s hard not to think of food during the holidays! Obviously, some foods are better for your teeth than others. So, we’re sharing an easy-to-follow guideline on teeth-friendly holiday foods for your child. We recommend:
- Turkey – This classic holiday food is packed with minerals that strengthen the enamel of growing teeth. Just be careful of bones!
- Mac & Cheese – It may be a starchy food but the calcium in this dish is great for your child’s smile.
- Pumpkin Pie – Surprised? This famous holiday dessert is packed with nutrients that are good for oral health. But make sure you take it easy on added whipped cream.
- Mashed Potatoes – Although this food can cling to your child’s teeth after eating, it also has nutrients that strengthen the teeth. Just make sure to do thorough brushing after your meal.
- Fruits & Vegetables – Feel free to pile on any fruits and vegetables this holiday season. Especially any crunchy or high-fiber selections!
- Whole Grain Rolls – Dinner rolls made with whole grains are great for oral health.