At Evergreen Pediatric Dentistry, we can treat many cavities with drill-free fillings. They are certainly more comfortable than traditional fillings. Still, if possible you want to keep your child’s teeth free of decay.
Fortunately, it’s not too hard! Check out our suggestions, then call us today at 425-800-0578 for an appointment in our Kirkland, WA office.
- Monitor Their Oral Hygiene Habits – Daily brushing and flossing are two of the most important activities for preventing cavities. Check to make sure your child is using a toothpaste that contains fluoride and brushing at least two full minutes, twice a day. To encourage brushing and flossing, let them pick the products they use.
- Bring Them Twice a Year for Cleanings – Even those who brush carefully are bound to miss some plaque and bacteria that over time harden into tartar. See us two times a year for professional cleanings so we can remove tartar before it causes decay.
- Serve Water, Not Juice or Soda – You know soda has lots of sugar, but so does juice. They are also acidic, which means they can eat into tooth enamel and make it more susceptible to cavities. Water is the best beverage choice for your child’s teeth – and their overall health.
- Provide Teeth-Friendly Foods – When your child wants a snack, offer fresh fresh fruits and veggies, along with cheese, yogurt, and other dairy products. The produce contains lots of water and fiber, both of which help get rid of cavity-causing bacteria. Dairy has calcium and casein, substances that strengthen tooth enamel.
- Consider Preventive Treatments – To give your child added protection against decay, ask us about fluoride varnish. It’s simply brushed onto your child’s teeth and can be applied up to four times a year.
To schedule a cleaning or other service for your child, call Evergreen Pediatric Dentistry at 425-800-0578.