You’ve heard there are dentists who specialize in treating children – but you may wonder if it’s worth the effort of taking your kids to a dental practice other than the one you use for your own care. We’re obviously a little biased, but we think it is definitely worth it to bring your child to a pediatric dentist!
To encourage you to give our Kirkland, WA pediatric practice a try, you can take us up on our offer of a $99 new patient exam. The offer includes a teeth cleaning and X-rays in addition to the the exam. Call Evergreen Pediatric Dentistry at 425-800-0578.
In the meantime, check out our list of four reasons to bring your child to a pediatric dentist:
- Positive Early Experiences Influence Lifelong Oral Health
- You’ll Find Special Attention to Your Child’s Comfort
- Preventive Care Makes a Big Difference
- We Are Trained to Help Patients With Special Needs
Keep Childhood Dental Visits Positive
A negative early experience at the dentist can have ramifications for years to come. For many folks, their fear of the dentist is rooted in unpleasant childhood memories. In contrast, positive experiences have a big impact on how your child feels about dental care for many years – maybe even for the rest of their life.
Our team understands this, and they work hard to keep you and your child happy. Check out what some of our patients have to say:
- “The hygienists are wonderful with the kids making them feel comfortable and happy in the chair.” – L.C.
- “It’s the first time for our 3 year old to see a dentist. Doctor Susan and the team are very nice talking and offering her gifts during the cleaning, my daughter cooperated well and enjoyed her first dental visit!” – X.A.
- “At my boys’ recent cavity fillings, (Dr. Kim) again was gentle and talked them though the entire procedure. It was completely painless and stress-free for them (and mom!) It’s kind of shocking how much my boys don’t mind going to the dentist and I have Dr Susan and her staff to thank for that!” – D.K.
Comfort Is Important to Your Kids – and You Too
Keeping your child comfortable is a top priority for us. We keep their treatment as minimally invasive as possible. For example, we use The Wand®, a syringe-free method of administering anesthesia that enables us to numb only the area being worked on instead of your child’s whole mouth. They won’t have to put up with a face that feels “funny” for hours after their appointment. We can also repair small cavities without a drill, using the ICON system.
Keep Your Child Healthy With Preventive Care
At Evergreen Pediatric Dentistry, we like to identify potential problems in their earliest stages so we can offer treatment that will minimize them – or even prevent them. Dr. Kim is trained in HealthyStart, a program that naturally guides teeth into their proper positions. This lessens the need for future orthodontic care like braces. In addition, it also prevents sleep disorders by encouraging an open airway and making it easier for them to breathe.
Care for Kids With Special Needs Is Available
Dr. Kim and other members of our staff have received extensive training that enables them to offer dental care to young patients with special needs. That includes providing dental sedation, if needed, to make it easier for your child to remain still and relaxed.
If you want to bring your child to a pediatric dentist, call us today at 425-800-0578.